cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m50 With LC-E17 Charger

Sweendog
Apprentice

I just bought my first Canon, a m50. Everything that I can find shows that it should come with a LC-E12 charger, however mine was delivered with a LC-E17. 

Was I sent the wrong charger or was the charger changed at some point?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Sweendog wrote:

I just bought my first Canon, a m50. Everything that I can find shows that it should come with a LC-E12 charger, however mine was delivered with a LC-E17. 

Was I sent the wrong charger or was the charger changed at some point?

It does not sound like you bought it from a reputable dealer.  Send it back for a refund immediately.  There are probably other issues that you have yet to discover.  For example, did they include warranty cards for the camera and lens?

If you bought it on Amazon, then you should have some idea why I recommend that people never buy big ticket items on Amazon.  I only buy Canon gear directly from Canon, or at B&H Photo Video in NYC.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah I did buy it on amazon, it said by Canon but after looking again it was sold by Amazon. It not being a legit Canon was my first thought so I went ahead and registered the body and lens with Canon. There is a paper about registering and one that says "Canon Limited Warranty" where it looks like I would fill out my info and mail it off. 

No chance this is an error on Canon's part? 

I will look into returning it today, thanks for the reply. 

Hi, Sweendog!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

If your EOS M50 kit was purchased on Amazon, and the seller and shipper were both Amazon.com, that means you've purchased from Amazon, and they are an Authorized Canon Dealer. 

You should be able to double-check your invoice to verify. To view your invoice, go to Amazon, then make sure you're logged into your account and click on "Orders" in the top right, and find the order with your M50. Click on the "Order Details" button to the right of that order, then you should see "View or Print Invoice" at the top of that page on the right side. 

When looking at the invoice, it will say "Items Ordered," "Sold by," and "Condition." As long as it lists your EOS M50, "Amazon.com," and "New" in those fields, you're good to go, and you'll just want to reach out to support sometime next week and they'll be able to get you the right battery charger. Our friendly, US-based team is at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We hope this helps! 

Stephen thank you for the welcome and the reply. I went ahead and reviewed the order and it does say amazon.com and new condition, here is a C&P of the details.

Condition: New

1 of: Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera Kit w/EF-M15-45mm and 4K Video - Black, CANON
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

I will say that I reached out to Amazon last night and they said they have refunded me more than enough to purchase a charger on my own. (admittily I haven't look yet.) They offered to comp my purchase through Amazon but it looked like it was going to take 1-3 weeks to get the charger so I went the refund route. 

It just has me a little worried. I understand that mistakes happen, I just want to ensure that the rest of the camera is what it's supposed to be. 

Announcements