cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking at picture

katieoneill
Apprentice
I have taken a photo about an hour ago, and when I went to look at the screen says busy, the camera has done this before however has only stayed on for a few seconds l, this time however it has stayed for over and hour. I can't look at photos or turn it off.

What can I do !?
7 REPLIES 7

Peter
Authority
Authority

On/off-button is a is just a software power off button. Remove the battery.

What kind of camera and what version of firmware do you have?

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Did you happen to set the camera to bulb? You may just have to press the shutter button a second time.

@TTMartin wrote:

Did you happen to set the camera to bulb? You may just have to press the shutter button a second time.

Possible if she has taken a bulb picture for about one hour in duration and used noise reduction for long exposure.

Just pressing bulb once without keeping it pressed will just take a picture.

@Peter wrote:

@TTMartin wrote:

Possible if she has taken a bulb picture for about one hour in duration and used noise reduction for long exposure.

Just pressing bulb once without keeping it pressed will just take a picture.

My mistake. Other cameras I've owned had one press to open the shutter during a bulb exposure then a second press to close.

However, accidentally turning on mirror lockup can mimic the same thing. First press locks up the mirror, which can be confused with taking a picture.

katieoneill
Apprentice
I had used the camera a few seconds before and hadn't changed anything, I was able to take photos afterwards still but was not able to see them

So, what about firmware, camera model and what has happend after you removed the battery?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

All of that is not what is wrong!  Sorry.  One 'cheap' possibility is the SD card is corrupted.  The other more expensive one is it has failed and will need repair.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements