cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image.canon compatibility?

Davoud
Enthusiast

I'm wondering if a 1DX III with the WFT-E9A will be compatible with the upcoming image.canon service. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The Canon press release would imply no.

25FC44A0-43E5-4928-B383-60EA081AC300.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not a question anyone here, except Canon can answer.  If the option is part of the camera's FW, then yes. 

Contact Canon Sales. 1-800-652-2666

https://image.canon/st/en/index.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Bingo. Thanks for taking time to reply!

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

This is not a question anyone here, except Canon can answer.  If the option is part of the camera's FW, then yes. 

Contact Canon Sales. 1-800-652-2666

https://image.canon/st/en/index.html

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ah, so! Many thanks!

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

The various footnotes referenced in that press release are not included, so let me guess: Turning on that feature voids your copyrights (or assigns them to Canon), yes?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bzzzt! Wrong guess. The footnotes don't say that at all. They say that photos are held for 30 days and then deleted—except that users may select up to 10GB of photos for long-term retention.

More interesting to me is the fact that the service will be available to older Canon cameras that have WiFi, albeit without automatic transfer: Wi-Fi enabled compatible Canon cameras released before the EOS R5 will support manual file transfer. Manual file transfer will be enabled from the start of the new service in April 2020.

Beginning "around June," Canon says, it will be possible to go directly from the camera to the Adobe Creative Cloud and other services. I take this to mean that photos made with the R5 will automatically transfer to Lightroom Classic on my Mac, if I so wish. Such a utility has long been a holy grail for me. It may not work for sports photographers making 20fps, but it'll be great for a nature macro photographer who makes three or four exposures per minute.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/newsroom/press-releases/press-release-detail...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements