cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i connect my 70d to my windows 8.1 computer using eos utility 2.14?

blake40
Apprentice

I need to hook up my 8.1 windows pc to my 70d via wifi.  i have installed eos utility 2.14 and have go to the pairing "connect" button to light up but that is as far as it goes.  please help....

5 REPLIES 5

@blake40 wrote:

I need to hook up my 8.1 windows pc to my 70d via wifi.  i have installed eos utility 2.14 and have go to the pairing "connect" button to light up but that is as far as it goes.  please help....

The latest version (available on the Canon Web site) is 2.14.10a. Make sure you have that.

Also, I think several people have claimed that you can't establish a USB connection with wi-fi enabled.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Yes, i am using 2.14.10b even and it still wont get past the pairing

It means the computer is not finding, or seeing, the camera.  You need to figure out why.  IMHO, the wi-fi is poor at best but you need to follow the manual exactly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As soon as I turned off wifi, USB connection activated....

Mykolas
Authority

blake40,

There were some changes made in the update to Windows 8.1 that affected the Wi-Fi functionality that needs to be reset so ad-hoc connections will be possible again.  This can be done in the command line interface in Windows using the "netsh" command.  We are unable to directly make these changes to the Windows OS for you, but this is something Microsoft can help you with.  I recommend that you contact them directly for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements