cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed to connect Canon 6D to iPad remote app

gwhib
Contributor

I have the iPad EOS remote app and a Canon 6D I cannot get them to communicate, on the 6D wi-fi set up screen the manual tells you to select wi-fi function then shows a screen with different graphics on it so you can select mobile phone etc, well I cannot get this screen when I select wi-fi function I get the choice of EXIT or CONFIRM, nothing else, no selection screen, what am I doing wrong?.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Have you tried (successfully or not) to connect other devices to your 6D?  Sometimes doing so can generate a network key conflict.

View solution in original post

Thanks, it appears that if you have a router nearby or the iPad is normally connected to a wireless network it confuses it so the best method is to go down the end of the garden or some other isolated place and it connects every time, problem solved

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Have you tried (successfully or not) to connect other devices to your 6D?  Sometimes doing so can generate a network key conflict.

Thanks, it appears that if you have a router nearby or the iPad is normally connected to a wireless network it confuses it so the best method is to go down the end of the garden or some other isolated place and it connects every time, problem solved

Announcements