cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed I have a canon 40D. I am thinking of buying a canon 6D.But not sure that my len

brodie
Apprentice

Hi all help needed I have a canon 40D. I am thinking of buying a canon 6D.

But not sure that my lenses will work.

I have a 170mm/ 500mm APO Sigma.

A 10/20 ex  Sigma   HSM  IF.

And a 180 APO Sigma Macro or do I have to scrap them and buy others.

ALL Help will be greatly received. Yours  BRODIE

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz

Your 10-20mm Sigma is not designed for full frame camera. I can mount it on a 6D but it gives me a dark circle around the photo.
The 180mm Macro and 170-500mm works fine with the 6D since they're compatible with full frame camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

thank you very much. are you enjoying you 6d.

That lens line up doesn't look right. Do you actually have a 170-500 or is it a 17-50? If it's the 170-500 what are you using as a "normal" lens?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

In short, I love it. I was going to buy the 5DMark III. After playing with it for a while at my local Fry's store where they put 5DMII, 5DMIII and 6D next to each other, using the same 24-105L lens, I decided to get the 6D and pocket the different for lens later.
I'm upgrading from the 30D. So I think you'll love it. It's a great camera. I have used 5DMII extensively before (borrowing from a close friend).

Funny thing is at first I don't really care about the GPS and Wifi much. I thought they're just marketing-gimmick. But once you have it, it is actually really fun and helpful. For example, I can place the 6D on a long "monopod", then use the app on the phone to control the camera to get some unique perspective on some scenes. It's fun and great. GPS is also nice for travel guy like me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements