cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello

ramikchaich
Apprentice

I have enabled live view by pressing the Start/Stop button, and the picture shows on the LCD monitor.  I then take a shot.  But nothing is recorded on the card, and the picture dos not show on the LCD monitor (instead it just keeps showing the live view).  There must be a simple explanation and solution?... i tried to reset all options and i have the same probleme .and its new d5 mark3 i used this camera for 2 month only 

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Does the camera believe it has been able to lock focus on a subject?  In "One Shot" mode it wont take a photo until it believes it has achieved focus.  

As a test, try switching the auto-focus switch on the lens over to manual (set AF/MF to MF) and see if it actually takes and records the shot when you press the shutter button.  If so, it likely points to a focus issue.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

That sounds like it's in Video mode.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@cicopo wrote:

That sounds like it's in Video mode.

It does, but it would still capture a photo, though.  I've had that switch accidentally changed position on me, and the camera winds up taking 1040P snapshots.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements