Canon Community Canon Community
 


Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎01-07-2018

fps

i have a 5d mk4 with an announced rate of 7fps. but i can just ger 1fps. what may be the problem?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 6,414
Registered: ‎08-13-2015

Re: fps


riza wrote:

i have a 5d mk4 with an announced rate of 7fps. but i can just ger 1fps. what may be the problem?


Not enough info to provide an answer.  What is your exposure settings?  Etc?  I suggest that you contact Canon.  They will ask you a number of questions, so that they can reproduce your shooting conditions, in an attempt to reproduce your issue.

 

There are a number of causes that can slow down the frame rate.  A very slow shutter speed can slow down the frame rate.  A slow focusing lens can slow down the frame rate.  Some in-camera noise reduction settings can slow down the frame rate.  A slow memory card(s) can slow down the frame rate.  Writing to both card slots can slow down the frame rate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 2,436
Registered: ‎02-17-2016

Re: fps

Make sure that Digital Lens Optimiser is not on. That is a real Digic-Hog.

Super Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎02-13-2016

Re: fps

Shooting with the flash would slow things down too. Shooting jpegs instead of RAW files will probably increase your fps rate also. The owner's manual will probably explain which camera settings will effect the fps rate, but you may have to do a bit of digging.

New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎01-07-2018

Re: fps

thanks a lot, after turning it off camera worked very well. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 2,436
Registered: ‎02-17-2016

Re: fps

Turning what off?

New Contributor
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎01-07-2018

Re: fps

Digital Lens Optimiser

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 4,434
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: fps


BurnUnit wrote:

Shooting with the flash would slow things down too. Shooting jpegs instead of RAW files will probably increase your fps rate also. The owner's manual will probably explain which camera settings will effect the fps rate, but you may have to do a bit of digging.If anythin


If anything, I'd expect shooting JPEGs to decrease the frame rate, since the camera would probably have to do more computation.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Super Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎02-13-2016

Re: fps

[ Edited ]

Yeah... Don't leave us hanging. Share the cure. Smiley Frustrated

 

Edit to add-

Thanks for filling in the details!

Super Contributor
Posts: 257
Registered: ‎02-13-2016

Re: fps


RobertTheFat wrote:

If anything, I'd expect shooting JPEGs to decrease the frame rate, since the camera would probably have to do more computation.



Was just basing this on the fact that it would take less time to write the smaller jpeg files to the card as opposed to the RAW files. It seems quicker to me at least when shooting single images. May have to experiment a bit with a burst of shots both ways.

 

powered by Lithium

LIKE US on Facebook FOLLOW US on Twitter WATCH US on YouTube CONNECT WITH US on Linkedin WATCH US on Vimeo FOLLOW US on Instagram SHOP CANON at the Canon Online Store
© Canon U.S.A., Inc.   |    Terms of Use   |    Privacy Statement