cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err 30 on 5d mk II

dimzspeed
Apprentice

I have canon 5d Mk II  ...and  suddenly  appears   Err 30  on display......anybody  can help  w' this problem,     thx

54 REPLIES 54

"In fact just increase my tension"

I am sorry.  I will bow out. But you still need to look in the right place for the fault or you will never resolve the issue.

Bye, I hope it gets better.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Shutter problems severe enough to require replacement of the shutter usually manifest themselves by conspicuously altering the captured image. But that doesn't appear to be what you've been seeing.

Maybe the error code is confusing the repair shop and in fact it isn't a shutter problem at all. (Maybe, for example, it's in the circuitry that generates the error code.) Every time they replace the shutter and the problem recurs, that becomes more of a probability. Have you discussed that with the repair shop or with Canon directly? If you could convince Canon that the "authorized" repair shop may have been barking up the wrong tree, maybe they'd let you send it to a different shop this time.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Natursuntur
Contributor
Thanks Robertthefat. I will definitely discuss this issue with the technican. Great contrubition, I hope we can solve the issue by this way. 👍

IworyS
Contributor
@Natursuntur did you find solution? I'm having a very similar problem to yours

Natursuntur
Contributor
Unfortunately no 😞 but I will write here if I find

IworyS
Contributor
Here is description of what I'm experiencing:
-getting err 30 code after shutter replacement (the old one had only 20k shots)

-made around 300 photos with a new one and err again.

-so I've tried all again: changed batteries (main and clock) + taking out CF card for about an hour, it helped for a moment, done burst, low f, high f, failed after about 40 shots again

- factory reset didn't help

-manual shutter cleaning not possible (disp.err30)

-live mode not possible (disp.err30) -looked inside: Shutter is simply stucked

-it doesn't work with a remote control neither (so assuming that is not problem with shutter release button)

-firmware is updated

-I have made slow motion video of mirror and shutter when fails to open

Link to vid: https://youtu.be/kk-yKxdTrfA

-now works only after taking out the battery for 20min+ (only for few photos)

It's really sad... the guy who were changing the shutter is a pro with 25 years of experience and never heard of anything similar. Another service just told me that something is probably damaging the shutter. Will try further and keep you updated if I get to something

You can forget about doing all the things you did except remove the main battery and restarting the camera. Plus removing the clock battery will do nothing.

If you want it fixed right you need to send it to Canon. (if they still work on the 5D2)  First shutter probably failed early for whatever reason.  The second new shutter was probably installed incorrectly.

If Canon isn't repairing the 5D2 any longer send it to Midwest Camera repair.  At least with either of these you will get a warranty if the repair doesn't work right.

EB

"-manual shutter cleaning not possible"   Smiley Surprised

No it isn't and should NEVER be attempted.  Nothing smaller than a football should be put in the mirror box.

EB

IworyS
Contributor
@ebiggs1 my mistake: *manual sensor cleaning not possible

IworyS
Contributor
And thanks for your advice. He said that he can look at it again. If he won't manage it, will send it to Canon.
But what do you think about the circuit (was mentioned here earlier), couldn't be something wrong with motherboard?
Announcements