cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err 30 on 5d mk II

dimzspeed
Apprentice

I have canon 5d Mk II  ...and  suddenly  appears   Err 30  on display......anybody  can help  w' this problem,     thx

54 REPLIES 54

" I think there is a production failure at my camera."

Not a likely conclusion.  After three different shutters, the likelihood of the shutter being the problem is remote to not possible.

All retailers have a time limit of how long they will accept returns.  It is always disclosed up front if you read the details.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Natursuntur
Contributor
There is always disclosed details. But they did not habe any interest about the problem. Even at the first, second or third shutter problem. Anyway, there wold be a solution through canon usa global or europe.

" But they did not habe any interest about the problem."

OK, I'll bite.  Why would they if you were beyond the advertised time period?

"... there wold be a solution through canon usa global or europe."

My understanding was it was an "authorized" repair shop?  That is not the same thing as real deal Canon. Am I reading you correctly?

I sympathize with you about it being a disasterous situation but I don't agree it is the 5D Mk II.  I know from experience by using a 5d2 for many years it is a fine camera.  I don't see Adorama being at fault either.

EB

Natursuntur
Contributor
It is your thought 🙂 You may love your camera but I have my 5d Mark2 with 3 fialed shutters at 6.000 shots. The authorized service for Canon in turkey is Erkayalar and that is Canon here. You can continue to buy from Adorama but I will never. That is my experience not for the first time but 2nd.

Just curious but was your camera new or used when you bought it?

EB

Natursuntur
Contributor
Adorama, brand new. Does Adorama sell used?

"Does Adorama sell used?"

Yes they do.  If you bought the 5d2 new it means it has several years on it.  Do you still think the retailer should be responsible?

EB

Natursuntur
Contributor
Yes, at least to recommend or give an idea how to deal with it from Turkey etc. If its main competitır Bhphotovideo does than Adorama shoul do at least something. By the way, do you work for Adorama? Your main focus is at the retailer rather than my really bad experience.

"... do you work for Adorama?"

Not hardly.  I have had my issues with Adorama but they were the problem of the store.  Yours is not. I have purchased a lot of gear.  Way more than most folks do.  I personally prefer B&H but I had had issues with them also.  Both have always made it right.  You must remember it has to be a fault the store caused. Yours is not.

Your main focus is at the retailer rather than my really bad experience.

That is because Adorama in this case is not at fault.  Why should they be expected to know how you should handle a problem in Turkey or why three new shutters failed you?  Do they have a presence in Turkey? Maybe they do, I dont' know.

I truly feel for you.  I know how frustrating this type problem can be but you still need to put the fault where it belongs.  In this case, again, it is not Adorama.

EB

Natursuntur
Contributor
Anyway. I do not want to invest my time to discuss Adorama or whatever. I am really pissed of with my situation and just wanted to write here to sort out if anyone faced the sama issue or not and if anyone has thoughts or recommendaons to solve it. Your entries does not help in any of them 😞 In fact just increase my tension :))
Announcements