cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

err 30 on 5d mk II

dimzspeed
Apprentice

I have canon 5d Mk II  ...and  suddenly  appears   Err 30  on display......anybody  can help  w' this problem,     thx

54 REPLIES 54

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

Why would there be more blown sand in Turkey, than say Arizona or New Mexico?

Did I say that there would be?

"The fact that you had your camera repaired in Turkey suggests that you live in the Middle East, a very challenging environment because of the prevalence of windblown sand."

@kvbarkley wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

Why would there be more blown sand in Turkey, than say Arizona or New Mexico?

Did I say that there would be?

"The fact that you had your camera repaired in Turkey suggests that you live in the Middle East, a very challenging environment because of the prevalence of windblown sand."

What exactly are you trying to prove here? I didn't say anything to suggest that Arizona and New Mexico don't have as much of a problem with windblown sand as the Middle East does. Frankly, I don't know whether they do or don't. All I said was that the OP may need to get his camera cleaned more often than those of us who live in a less challenging environment. FWIW, I can assure youo that windblown sand is not a significant problem where I live. And everything I've read suggests that in the Middle East it very well can be.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

" I find extraordinary that you would experience the identical flaw and failure three times."

Holy Moly this is my reaction also.  There is only two possibilities of this happening. One they never replaced the first defective shutter but did a hard reset or perhaps they don't know how to replace it.  Number two is you!  What in the world are you shooting that could destroy three shutters?

I have not replaced 3 shutters in over forty years of professional shooting. 100's of thousands shots.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Natursuntur
Contributor
It is serviced by an authorized vendor. However, there is only one vendor, which is also the distributor in Turkey.

@Natursuntur wrote:
It is serviced by an authorized vendor. However, there is only one vendor, which is also the distributor in Turkey.

It's really peculiar chance, or extraordinary coincidence.  A human explanation just seems far more likely.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"A human explanation just seems far more likely."

Whether it be the service center or the operator!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"A human explanation just seems far more likely."

Whether it be the service center or the operator!

The treatment of his camera described by the OP is that of a careful user. So if he goes through three shutters in a couple of years, it's hard to see how it's operator error.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Natursuntur
Contributor
Actually I used my camera mostly indoors, almost 90 percent of the time. Also, there is not much sand in Turkey. Mostly people outside of the Turkey think that Turkey as same as middle east but its climate is so much different than Middle East. It is same as Greece or Italy. Cosmetically my camera is like brand new. Even I do not change the lens most of the time, if I do so, I do it so fast to protect the mirror from dust or etc.

Natursuntur
Contributor
Sand may be the problem who lives in Egypt, UAE or Kuwait. Even Syria and Iraq is much better.

Natursuntur
Contributor
All in all I think there is a production failure at my camera. Also you face a problem if you have bought camera outside of Turkey, they do not accept the warranty in Turkey. Another learning for me was Adorama. This was my second camera from Adorama, I contacted to them, they just said they do not care after first month or so. They just recommend me to contact with Canon Usa. But I know that Bh really cares about its consumers. Even they accept the camera, handle the repair and in some cases offers a new camera. I will never buy a Canon and never through Adorama.
Announcements