cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos utility - error out of memory

georgerosenberg
Apprentice

I have 7D with latest firmware.  Installed EOS Utility from disc to Mac 10.6.8 and upgraded online.  When clicking  "CAMERA SETTINGS/REMOTE SHOOTINg, I get "ERROR - OUT OF MEMORY MESSAGE.   Tried same on other MAC with 10.5.8 and same thing.  Google search shows many with same problem.  What to do??

g

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Georgerosenberg,

I researched the error you are receiving when you try to start remote shooting in EOS Utility.  The Out of Memory error is typically generated when the operating system is unable to allocate memory [more often refers to virtual rather than physical] to the task at hand.   It is possible to see this error with other applications as well.   Although though this typically does refer to virtual memory, if you have an older Mac system with a relatively small amount of physical memory, you may even consider adding a stick or two of RAM. 

I know you mention having updated the software, but just in case you might have grabbed an older version, ensure you are running the EOS Utility 2.12.3 Updater from our web site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d#DriversAndSoftware

Please note, this isn't an issue specific to EOS Utility or the Canon Utilities in general.  You can try to get around this by using Disk Utility to verify and repair disk permissions within your operating system.

If you needed help with this, Apple does have a support page set up for checking and verifying permissions on files:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1452

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The problem is not the laptop virtual memory, from what I can tell.

Accessing my 5D through the EOS Utility works perfectly well. However, when I try to do the same with my 7D there is a memory error. Any new solutions?

Thanks!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GeorgeRosenberg,

Because of the potential complexity involved, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Department  for assistance with a solution for this issue.  For assistance, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Acquest
Apprentice

I had the same error, but I downloaded the lates EOS Utility version (2.13.25) and it worked great!

Announcements