Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: eos utility dual import with 2 cards

[ Edited ]

Thanks Rodger, will test that!

What is your workflow, with 2 cards in a backup configuration?

Respected Contributor

Re: eos utility dual import with 2 cards

I have just been popping one out before transferring when I set them both to record (for non-critical stuff I just use a single card); I am glad you brought up the question which caused me to research the issue.  Hopefully a revised version of EOS utility will provide an option under preferences to choose either card instead of both.

Hopefully the suggestion works because I haven't tried it yet and after shooting a high school football game in 33 degree wind/rain/drizzle/snow Friday night I am not anxious to go out and shoot anything  to try it right now.  One of the players told me after the game they had an informal betting pool as to which quarter I would fall in the mud because all of the officials and two of the coaches ended up falling before the game was over.  I should have worn cleats because the sidelines were horrible and unlike soccer, American rules football plays don't stop cleanly at the sidelines so I did several fast backwards runs with 1DX M2 300mm F2.8 and 1DX 70-200 F2.8 camera/lens setups.  The cameras and I survived without falling Smiley Happy

My wish for EOS utility is to allow automatic selection of download folder by camera.  Right now the 1DX 2 and 1DX dump their files into the same directory by date but it is pretty easy to move the different camera files because of the different naming convention.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video