cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos m50 viewfinder elements

Merdoglan
Apprentice

Hello guys,

i bought a m50 yesterday. so i have question. i'm generally using my camera at m mode. the number between the brackets stands for remaining shots. numbers are near to battery indicator stands for remaining video time. but look at at that 7. what is it guys? i did a little research but i dint find a answer. 

thanks

IMG_20180820_194215.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I couldn't find it in the manual, but I am going to guess that it is the shots left to fill up the buffer in burst mode. For example, you can shoot seven shots quickly, but the camera will slow down to write to the card after that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I couldn't find it in the manual, but I am going to guess that it is the shots left to fill up the buffer in burst mode. For example, you can shoot seven shots quickly, but the camera will slow down to write to the card after that.

thank you mate

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi Merdoglan,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The information kvbarkley provided is correct. The number between the recordable shots and remaining recording time is the maximum number of continuous shots available in the continuous shooting drive mode. A breakdown of the display icons for the M50 can can be seen on page 82 of the M50's Help Guide HERE.

Did you find a reply helpful? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What is the difference between a "manual" and a "help guide"?

I went here:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300029803/01/eosm50-um-en.pdf

(via the canon manuals link, but only got the cartoony manual.)

William_N
Enthusiast

@Merdoglan: You're welcome!

@kvbarkley: For this particular model camera there is a Help Guide and User Manual. This model is intended in part to be a "bridge" camera for shooters moving from a cellphone or Point-and-shoot camera to the mirrorless DSLR world. The User Manual is an illustrated easy to follow How-to for the camera, while the Help Guide has more detail about the features of the camera.

Both the User Manual and Help Guide are listed in the Guides & Manuals section on the M50's webpage (HERE). They are the 3rd and 4th entries in the list.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements