Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: eos 5d mark ii determine if opened or not for prior service

I will give you the complete story when and if we come to some conclusion.  We agree that the AG's office doesn't want to get involved, though if we are correct, a state law has been violated by the repair shop.

Regards,

malcm

Reputable Contributor

@Nick2020 wrote:

You can also mention the serial number on the camera, and we can check to see if we have a prior record of it in our repair database.

That's a bit of interesting information. I'd have guessed that this info wouldn't have been so readily available, or maybe not available at all. This could be handy if purchasing used equipment when the seller claims repairs were mande by Canon when in fact they had been done elsewhere.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I like the idea of checking the Canon db to see if the camera in question, based on its internal serial number from the exif file, has ever been service by Canon.  The camera in question has an internal serial number of 11207[xxxxx].

I had verified that the substituted camera was for the US market and we had tried the "find my camera" search service and came up empty.

Thank you -

malcm

[Serial number edited to protect privacy.]