cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos 5D MKIII

kshoniraman
Apprentice

When i am connecting my mini HDMI to HDMI cord to my camera 5DMKIII and laptop Lenova thinkpad windows os ( having HDMI socket ) , i am not able to see download images. It is working  fine on TV monitor. some one help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The HDMI port is used strictly for viewing, not for transmitting data or image files.  Consult your manual.  You should be using the EOS Utility software and a USB cable connecting to a USB port on your laptop.

Similarly, the HDMI port on your Lenovo laptop is also designed for video output to a monitor, not for transmitting data or image files.  You can damage either your camera, your laptop, or both by connecting them together through the HDMI ports like what you have described..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The HDMI port is used strictly for viewing, not for transmitting data or image files.  Consult your manual.  You should be using the EOS Utility software and a USB cable connecting to a USB port on your laptop.

Similarly, the HDMI port on your Lenovo laptop is also designed for video output to a monitor, not for transmitting data or image files.  You can damage either your camera, your laptop, or both by connecting them together through the HDMI ports like what you have described..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements