cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'dust delete data' option not avaialble for 70D?

XANDERIX
Contributor

Since short I am using the Canon software for editing my pictures. I have some dust in one of my lenses and I am eager to use the dust delete function offered for Canon cameras. Sounds like a fast option, but.... nowhere I can find the setting on my EOS 70D camera. I have gone a zillion times through the different menus. I am using the latest firmware 1.1.3.

Any help is appreciated! 

or is this functionality not avaialble for the 70D?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

See the star by the section title in the screenshot of the manual? That means you must be in one of the "advanced" modes to see these options: P, A, Tv or M. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You must have some serious dust going on to need this.  Suggest you review your manual.

Dust in lenses doesn't usually cause visible specks in images.  These are usually on the sensor.  So one or the other methods might help with your photos.

This is in DPP

DD.png

And this in the camer (manual mode) based on what I read

DD Menu.png

And this is from the 70D's Manual

Read Your Manual.png

Pg 341.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

See the star by the section title in the screenshot of the manual? That means you must be in one of the "advanced" modes to see these options: P, A, Tv or M. 

@kvbarkley wrote:

You should be anyway. If you're far enough along to grok the discussions in this forum, you're far enough along to eschew the newbie modes. (Barkley's quote marks on "advanced" are fully justified.)  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

CAN YOU IMAGINE....that took me two hours to sort out...

thanks a lot for the replies!

Announcements