Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

connect eos r to iphone with cable

I'm not able to connect my EOS R to my iPhone 12 Pro Max using a USB cable. I didn't have this problem with my 70D, which connected immediately. 

VIP

Re: connect eos r to iphone with cable

Is everything else the same? Same phone and version of iOS?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
VIP

You were able to connect the 70D to an iPhone 12?  

What app were you using?  I believe the Canon Connect app is strictly wireless. You would connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.  The app does not work on USB, AFAIK.  I recommend using Bluetooth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

identical

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not using an app.It's a direct physical connection between the camera and the iphone using a usb/lightening cable. the connection should be automatic, just like it is with the 70D.

VIP

I believe you are correct. That is how the SD reader works on my iPhone and iPad. It also worked that way with my cameras that had mini-USB connectors.

However, my 1DX Mark III, which has a USB-C connection is not recognized by my iPad when I use. USB-C to Lightning cable. It only works with the USB-C Camera Connection adapter.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic