cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect eos r to iphone with cable

tmelser
Contributor

I'm not able to connect my EOS R to my iPhone 12 Pro Max using a USB cable. I didn't have this problem with my 70D, which connected immediately. 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is everything else the same? Same phone and version of iOS?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

identical

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You were able to connect the 70D to an iPhone 12?  

What app were you using?  I believe the Canon Connect app is strictly wireless. You would connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.  The app does not work on USB, AFAIK.  I recommend using Bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm not using an app.It's a direct physical connection between the camera and the iphone using a usb/lightening cable. the connection should be automatic, just like it is with the 70D.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I believe you are correct. That is how the SD reader works on my iPhone and iPad. It also worked that way with my cameras that had mini-USB connectors.

However, my 1DX Mark III, which has a USB-C connection is not recognized by my iPad when I use. USB-C to Lightning cable. It only works with the USB-C Camera Connection adapter.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Upgrading a cable or even a lightening cable adapter to use USB-C should be simple enough. I don’t know why cable manufacturers  haven’t done it yet since Canon is now using using USB-C connectors exclusively. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thread is nearly 2 yrs old 😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements