cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparisons between the 6D2 and the 90D

FidoQ
Contributor

I think I have narrowed down my next camera to another 6D2 or a 90D, same price for either one at this time. 

Looking for someones real hands on feedback on the 90D if you have owned or do own and use one now plus what you do and don't like about it. I already own the 6D2, great camera for sure so far. 

Pro's and cons for either one?

I have read the specs over and over and hinestly it's all a foreign language to a newbie like myself, way too much techie info for someone that doesnt knwo what it all means yet. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@FidoQ wrote:

Thanks again to all, think I'm still going to wait at least till black friday to see what kinda sales are out there. 

When it comes to Canon camera gear, the Black Friday sale prices are pretty much already available. If you are interested in a 6D2, then I suggest that you look at the Canon Refurbished  Online Store while items are still in stock.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The jury is still out on the 90D.  Most reviews report that it has lower noise and wider dynamic range than the 80D, particularly in the shadows.  

If I may ask, why do you need or want another camera?  

[EDIT]. I am thinking new lens, instead of a new body.

Thanks for the reply so let me explain a little better. 

My wife and I do cooking videos and previously my kids lived close by and they have all the video and picture toys, thats what they do but now they live five hours away so we feel that we need to learn even if it's more basic to do it all on our own.

So typically when the kids would help record we had three cameras and mikes and different angles ect. They also do all the editing, not your typical youtube phone videos but much better. 

We feel we can get by and handle no more than two on our own, at least for now so the second camera is mainly just that, a second angle and or back up camera. We dont NEED 4k but it would be nice as an option since everything is going that way for video and I feel it may have better resale value that way.

All we need to do is the recording part and then I can upload and my kids will edit from afar. 

thanks

@FidoQ wrote:

Thanks for the reply so let me explain a little better. 

All we need to do is the recording part and then I can upload and my kids will edit from afar. 

thanks

The 6D2 does not handle 4K.  But, the 90D will handle 4K. It just may cause your 6D2 to become camera "B".

It is great to record stuff at 4K, but distributing and sharing it is an entirely different matter.

Thank you Waddizzle

"...for now so the second camera is mainly just that, a second angle and or back up camera."

This pretty much answered the question.  The obvious and only logical choice is another 6D Mk II.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Thank you Waddizzle"

"The jury is still out on the 90D.  Most reviews report ..."

You can read reviews just as easily as he does. And, those reviews are worth just about what you pay for them.

If you ever intend to shoot two cameras at the same time at the same subject, they need to be the same too. The crop factor may or may not be something you want to contend with.  Same, same is easier.

I do not own a 90D so I can not give you a real hands-on review either but I did get to play with one for a couple hours. It had the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens on it and I can confidently say that combo is way outstanding.  A real top performer. That lens alone has caused me to have the hots to buy a 90D for myself.

EB

FidoQ
Contributor

Thanks again to all, think I'm still going to wait at least till black friday to see what kinda sales are out there. 

@FidoQ wrote:

When it comes to Canon camera gear, the Black Friday sale prices are pretty much already available. If you are interested in a 6D2, then I suggest that you look at the Canon Refurbished  Online Store while items are still in stock.

"...then I suggest that you look at the Canon Refurbished  Online Store while items are still in stock."

I second this.  No telling when or if an item will be back.

EB
Announcements