cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

captures getting ruined

Tomy
Apprentice

Hello All, i was hoping to get advise on the reason my images are being ruined. I use a 5D mark 2, and my memory cards are Lexar professional 1066X. not all the images result in this but i good amount do. when i look at the images in the folders ive downloaded them too they seem ok for the most part. except when i click on them i get that color bars going across them andsome times randomly on images. any help on this matter will be greatly apperciated! image1.jpeg.jpg                                                                                                                                            image2.jpeg.jpg                                                                                                                                       image11.jpeg.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a probable card problem, possibly one that is not a good match for the camera.

What is the exact model name, or number, of the card?  What is the capacity of the card?  I would not advise using a card larger than 32GB.  Did you use the camera to perform a low level format on the card prior to first use?  Is it a micro-SD?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First it may not be a CF card problem at all but I would certainly consider getting a new one soon. It can be your import software.  It can be your card reader. And or, your CF card slot. It can be your USB cabel.  These need to be eliminated before you blame the CF card.  If any of that is true than a new CF card, which can not be low level formatted, won't help.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I cannot say that the issue *is* a problem with the card... but so often these issues turn out to be related to the card that it is worth trying another card.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements