Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon R5 Profile for photoshop

R5
Contributor

Anybody knows when the R5 profile for Photoshop will be available  

18 REPLIES 18

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the Adobe profiles, but a lot of web traffic says that.

One could create their own profiles using the Color Checker.

Thanks, John.  That'S what I will do.  I had thought Adobe LR/PS could not even open the CR3 files.

Ever since I got a Color Checker I only use my own profiles.  I can match colors between cameras perfectly.  If want a "Picture Style", then create a Preset and every image comes out the same way.  I highly recommend using one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

CR2.jpg

CR2 camera

CR3.jpg

CR3 camera

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

CR2.jpg

CR2 camera

CR3.jpg

CR3 camera

Oh, I see now.  I never use those, not even before I had Color Checker..  I have the calibrated camera profiles located under the profiles Tab.  If I to apply "Landsape" to an image, then I use a Preset and would probably tweak it, anyway.

"Can't I create my own color profile using ColorChecker?"

Yes you can and it is a non-issue.

"There are people who prefer Lightroom, others who prefer Capture 1 or DxO PL4 for the way the convert RAW files.

In the case of Canon there are folks who say that Lightroom does a better job of conversion than Canon DPP."

I doubt a single pro shop will stop using LR and PS. Amateurs and the advanced amateurs are the folks that fuel this segment.

LR and PS remain the industry standard and will for a long time to come.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"I doubt a single pro shop will stop using LR and PS."

You would be wrong there. Martin Bailey for one.

"LR and PS remain the industry standard and will for a long time to come."

The statements are not mutually exclusive.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry John but, 

"I doubt a single pro shop will stop using LR and PS."

You would be wrong there. Martin Bailey for one."

I don't know the guy but I would bet there is LR and PS in his shop.  He may have others some of us do/did but LR/PS is the standard mainstay. Hallmark had other editors but LR/PS was the editor of choice by far.

Just like somebody said on another thread, "I saw a pro use a Rebel".  No matter that still does not make a Rebel a pro camera and neither does your example.

If you would prefer, I will amend my statement, 99+% of all pro shops will still use LR/PS.

EB

R5
Contributor
The R5 on PS./LR lack the correct profile, there is a huge difference between openig in dpp and lr/ps, and the dpp is ridiculous slow and low feature. This is not what i have expected from a high end performance canon camera
I hope canon will supply the profile soon

@R5 wrote:
The R5 on PS./LR lack the correct profile, there is a huge difference between openig in dpp and lr/ps, and the dpp is ridiculous slow and low feature. This is not what i have expected from a high end performance canon camera
I hope canon will supply the profile soon

Why are you blaming the camera?  I don't understand why people say thinks like "I expected better...."

The Canon DPP software has had a long reputation for being slow and having performance issues.  It doesn't matter which Canon camera you use, either.  Besides, if you're using LRPS why complaint about an app that you do not even use?

As for as a color profile goes, I recommend Color Checker to everyone.  Build your own profile.  It is like performing AFMA on the color reproduction of your image sensor.

"...if you're using LRPS why complaint about an app that you do not even use?"

I suspect he is just explaining why he and I don't use DPP4 although we still keep it loaded on our computers.  Besides its lack of being a true editor as it is more of a converter.

"Build your own profile."

Absolutely, if you don't like the way it does it create your own. No biggie!

EB
Announcements