Did you mean: 

canon 6d wifi

mack01
Apprentice

canon 6d wifi connection to slow when paring to my android phone

5 REPLIES 5

SGFFX
Enthusiast
Please explain what you mean by too slow. Too slow to connect? Or slow download?

The camera is telling me that the internet connection is to slow,and disconect from the camera

There shouldn't be an internet connection involved.  Connect the phone directly to the camera's wifi.

Going through your router can work, and gives you more coverage in your home, if that's what you're trying to do.  But it's a little more complicated to set up.  Still, there's no internet involved.

Which connection method are you using?

I haven't read the 6D manual, so I could be totally wrong. But from what I've seen in this forum, it appears as though the camera can work in two modes: 1) as a wireless access point, in which case it establishes its own freestanding wi-fi network, to which your phone or computer connects, or 2) as a wi-fi client, in which case it tries to connect to available access points and your phone or commputer might as well be a lump of coal. Check your settings. It sounds to me as though you want the camera to be in the first mode, but the symptoms sound as though it's in the second.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I fix it; I have a note 2 phone

Disconnect the internet connection to work

Announcements