cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon 1000D External flash

candicecurzai
Apprentice

I have a cannon 1000D  and I want to use my external flash detached from the camera body. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It doesn't get any cheaper than the wireless options I mentioned above.  I use Yongnuo RF-602, RF-622, 560 III and the 560TX, and haven't had any issues with any of them.  They're as reliable as my flashes are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/product-accessories/eos-digital-slr-camera-accessories/eos...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Vello makes a nice cabel.  Search for "off camera flash cord".  I can't tell the difference in it and the very expensive Canon brand.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

OCF Gear, Syl Arena's company, also makes TTL flash cords of varing lengths, for cheaper.  Good quality as far as I can tell, but I really only used mine a handful of times before going wireless..

You don't mention what type of flash you're using.  If it's a manual flash I'd highly recommend getting a Yongnuo RF-603 II system.  It's almost as cheap as a cord.  If you're using TTL you can look at the Yongnuo RF-622 for wireless, but they're about $70 a set.

its a Sigma EF 610 DG ST flash 

I would also prefer a wireless one ... One thats cheap since im not a proffesional

It doesn't get any cheaper than the wireless options I mentioned above.  I use Yongnuo RF-602, RF-622, 560 III and the 560TX, and haven't had any issues with any of them.  They're as reliable as my flashes are.

One word of caution, on third world flashes.  They seem to be hit and miss.  When they work, people brag on them but when they don't people cuss them.  Problem is, their quality control is lacking for the most part.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the heads up. I've purchased a cheap one to start with. Once I know what i'm doing, Ill give the better quality ones a go.

@candicecurzai wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I've purchased a cheap one to start with. Once I know what i'm doing, Ill give the better quality ones a go.

There's no data that shows that the products made by reputable 3rd party manufacturers like Yongnuo and LumoPro are any less reliable than name brand.  It's all just a bunch of hearsay and stigma.  Any piece of equipment can fail, just make sure you always have backup.

Announcements