Did you mean: 

can I use a EF 75-300 canon lens on my 20d camera

wberry
Apprentice

7 REPLIES 7

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Yes, you can use an EF 75-300mm lens with your 20D.

The 20D is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is the EF or EF-S in the name that tells whether it is compatable.  All xxD Canon cameras are EF and EF-S compatible.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It is the EF or EF-S in the name that tells whether it is compatable.  All xxD Canon cameras are EF and EF-S compatible.

Some in this group have asserted that the 10D was not EF-S compatible. My only xxD was a 50D, so I can't say from personal experience.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I have no firsthand knowledge of the 10D, either, so maybe so.  However, the likelyhood of a person encountering one is small.  It is a 1.6 crop camera as are all the xxD series.  It should be able to use S lenses even if it was sold as a EF body.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I have no firsthand knowledge of the 10D, either, so maybe so.  However, the likelyhood of a person encountering one is small.  It is a 1.6 crop camera as are all the xxD series.  It should be able to use S lenses even if it was sold as a EF body.

The 10D was released prior to the first EF-S lens being introduced.

While EF-S lenses can be modified to work with it,. EF-S will not mount on the 10D without modification.

The 20D was the first XXD camera released after the introduction of EF-S lenses and is fully compatible with both EF and EF-S lenses.

I can confirm that 10D is not compatible with EF-S lenses.

The 300D (Digital Rebel) was introduced later the same year and was the first EF-S compatible model.

THe D60 and D30 that preceded the 10D also were not compatible with EF-S lenses.

All xxD models since have been able to use EF-S lenses. All xxxD and xxxxD (or Rebel) series are EF-S compatible too.

All EOS cameras film and digital are compatible with all EF lenses.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Good thing the question was about a 20D.
EB
Announcements