Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

camera upgrade

Hi alll,

I would like to have the option of shooting video so I will have to upgrade my camera. I shoot mainly dance peformances inside a theatre.

Right now I have a 300D which I use for everyday and a 30D with grip for performances, both cameras are working fine.

My question is which body should I buy? A Rebel for everyday use, or a XXD for performances and start using my 30D as everyday camera?

Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

Re: camera upgrade

A 7D is my first thought, but I don't know enough about the environment you shoot in or what lenses you use to do it. 7D has great AF, very good high ISO & shoots video. Could you post a good sample of one of your shots under regular conditions & include the settings info / lens used / hand held or tripod or anything else that describes what the conditions are. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."