cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera says cannot play back image

mjr
Apprentice

Camera says cannot play back image after downloading picutures to computer and placing disk back in camera.  It is a Cannon EOS 50D.  I cannot find the instruction manual.  What do I need to do to fix this problem so that I can view pictures on camera.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you use EOS Utility? If you did it thinks you already d/l your images.

Just hook your camera to your computer with the USB cable and use 'My Computer' to view the device. It will appear as another drive icon. You should now be able to " copy" your photos off the camera to a destination of your choice such as the Desktop.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

cicopo
Elite

I think what's happened is that you downloaded to the computer (are they on your computer?) AND whatever program you used either transferred them from the card to the computer or copied them & then erased the card. Many programs have that option built in & it needs to be disabled if you still want your images left on the card. It's not the camera that does this it's the software on your computer.

You can copy them back onto the memory card using a card reader. The way I do that is to format the card & then take 1 shot which creates the proper file folder under the DCIM folder. Next remove the card from the camera & use the card reader & My Computer to find the folder with the photo you just took Copy the images from your computer to the folder on the card which has that single photo you just took. Put the card back into the camera & you should be able to view them again. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements