cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brand new 7d...8000 shutter flashing in av mode....black picture...no matter what fstop I dial in

Nottus
Apprentice

Brand new 7d...8000 shutter flashing in AV mode....black picture...no matter what fstop I dial in...Switch to TV mode and set the shutter but the fstop maxes out and still black photo....Auto mode, Black picture.....Mirror was jamed but freed itself...

3 REPLIES 3

2n10
Contributor

I would return it for a functioning model to whoever you got it from.  If it is brand new you should dtill be in the warrantee period.

shoot_ric
Contributor

Words...comment.....observation....huh........blahhh.....blahh....blah

Me...has...tired...head...you...fault.

You are loved.

Mykolas
Authority

Nottus,

The camera will flash the shutter speed at 8000 because it thinks that what it is about to take a picture of will be too overexposed.  As a result, it has selected the fastest shutter speed available.  The same thing happens with the aperture in the Tv mode.

I would reset the camera to its default settings, including the custom functions.  Then, try taking another picture of something that is in normal ambient light with no strong light sources or backlighting.  If the camera still sets the shutter speed at 8000 or the aperture at its smallest setting, then the camera will need to be serviced.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements