cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black liveview with vertical horz lines

kaoutar
Apprentice

Hello All , 
this is Kaoutar from Morocco , I had to register to the USA canon community because my country dont have that , 
well ; I really wish you could help me because I'm really having a bad time with my canon 5d mark II 
it was working just fine , until I installed the magic lantern , I shot some vidoes with it  , i took some pictures , everything was pretty normal , untill one day i turned it on and it was broken , it doesn't take pictures even though the shutter is released just fine , no images are saved , instead it shows a black screen with horizontal and vertical lines , the liveview is not working either , it's all black and get stucked , 
I removed magic lantern , I installed the 2.1.2 firmware twice , I formatted the SD CARD , I removed the battery several times , I even removed the small round battery and re instal it... I removed the lens ...I looked inside the mirror and behind it , nothing looks crashed , ...Im so so sad , because I couldnt find any one to repair it for me in morocco , do you have an idea ??

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Get rid of Magic Lantern.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I did , problem wasnt solved , I think it's a hardware issue ,  because the same issue remains after removing the sd card

@kaoutar wrote:

I did , problem wasnt solved , I think it's a hardware issue ,  because the same issue remains after removing the sd card

Maybe it is a hardware issue.  Personally, I shy away from Magic Lantern.  I would not tell Canon about ML if you send it in.

The horizontal and vertical lines could be a result that you have a grid enabled in the menus.

Peter
Authority
Authority

If you have problem with ML, ask at ML forum.

5D II can´t use SD card without adapter. I wouldn´t use ML with an adapter and not with a wifi card.

With your symptoms it could also be a blown fuse.

Announcements