cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginer to photography

wallace1
Apprentice

I have a cannon eos 7D mk 11. All was well till I changed my SD card since then it will not format I have tried another new card and it is the same. Help what am I doing wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wallace1 wrote:

I am using a 16 gb SanDisk. No micro. I also have a compact flash  16gb Kingston ultimate266x card. It was going great till the cArd was full. Transfered to my computer put the card back in went to 're format and it will only format card two does not recognise card one says change it.

. I will take it back to factory settings. 

If you take out one of the cards, the camera will switch to the other card and stay there. Re-inserting the card you took out will not make it revert. If you really want to change which card it uses without recourse to the menu or the top display, take out both cards. The card you put back in first will be the one the camera uses.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@wallace1 wrote:

I have a cannon eos 7D mk 11. All was well till I changed my SD card since then it will not format I have tried another new card and it is the same. Help what am I doing wrong.

What size and brand of SD card?  I hope you're using Lexar or Sandisk, preferably 32 GB or smaller.  I wouldn't go larger than 64GB, though.  I also hope that you're using a full size SD card, not a micro-SD with adapter.

Do you have a CF card installed?  Double check which slot the camera is trying to use.  I think it is smart enough to not use an empty slot, but you never know.  So, try resetting the camera back to factory defaults.  There is an option to do this in the menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using a 16 gb SanDisk. No micro. I also have a compact flash  16gb Kingston ultimate266x card. It was going great till the cArd was full. Transfered to my computer put the card back in went to 're format and it will only format card two does not recognise card one says change it.

@wallace1 wrote:

Try removing th CF card, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have taken both out reset and it is saying it still a problem with card one which is the CF card.

@wallace1 wrote:

If you take out one of the cards, the camera will switch to the other card and stay there. Re-inserting the card you took out will not make it revert. If you really want to change which card it uses without recourse to the menu or the top display, take out both cards. The card you put back in first will be the one the camera uses.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements