cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autofocus malfunction while shooting outside of a+ mode

fuzzybacchus
Apprentice

when i shoot in anything other than a+ mode, my autofocus is way short. shooting at something that is infinity, if i'm at 105MM the autofocus sets itself to something between 5 meters and infiinity.  it gets progressively worse as i zoom out until, when shooting at 24 mm, the autofocus sets itself to 1 meter or less.  it looks like it's dividing the focus distance, for example if i aim at something clsoe to me, it sets itself to macro, it doesnt acutally work while focosing on something closer than 1 meter, it always focuses waaaaay short.

again, no problems shooting in A+, only in any setting othre than A+.  i have not messed with any settings that could have caused this. is this something that has been documented before? is my camera busted or is there something that can fix this?  i cant imagine it is the lens, as the focus works fine while in  [A+]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fuzzybacchus
Apprentice

as it turns out, a settings reset fixed this.  somehow some focus setting got messed up (mabe while in my bag?). the clue was that focus worked properly while in [A+], indicating a settings issue and not a physical problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

fuzzybacchus
Apprentice

as it turns out, a settings reset fixed this.  somehow some focus setting got messed up (mabe while in my bag?). the clue was that focus worked properly while in [A+], indicating a settings issue and not a physical problem.

Announcements