cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone have problem importing images from 5d mark iv into lightroom?

aszymczyk
Apprentice

I shoot in raw and jpeg, just recently purchsed the mark iv, and now my lightroom wont import the images form the mark iv, says theres nothing to import.

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority

Your version of Lightroom does not support the RAW files from the 5d4.  If you have the latest version (6) they may have a patch for the 5d4 but any older version will never directly support the RAW files from 5d4. 

I am not sure why you wouldnt be able to see jpegs though. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure your Adobe Camera Raw is at the latest version, ACR 9.7.  That might help.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

LR 6.8 came out today - support for 5D Mark IV.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I've been able to import the RAWs from my 5D IV for quite a while... but I'm on Lightroom CC.  Are you on an older release?

If so, check to see if there is a Camera RAW update for your version.  Adobe usually only supports RAW updates for their most current version and maybe just 1 version older.  It's part of how they motivate users to keep buying upgrades.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements