cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapter ac-e6 is not working

levon
Apprentice

I own an EOS 5d markii. I don't use much except travel time. I purchased an original Canon 8v adapter (ac-e6) when I purchased the camera several years ago. I used once and it did work then. Now it doesn't. I want to use the camera in video. I got mad.. and purchased a new non-Canon adapter (btw it was $15  shipping incl from china).  It still doesn't work. I would love to hear your opinion and suggestions what to do. btw I am missing the lid piece for the battery dept since I always use the unit with the original Canon battery grip bg-e6. I might have misplaced it in the house. but I doubt that is a factor. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Levon,

Sorry to hear the adapter is not powering the camera.  Try removing the coupler from the camera and cleaning the contacts with a soft microfiber cloth to ensure there is a good connection between them and the camera.  If this does not work, try also replacing the coupler. 

You mentioned that you tried other adapters, but have you tried your AC-E6 with a new DR-E6 coupler?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements