cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Wifi network

redbaron27
Apprentice

EOS 80D, changed wifi router now have a new network. The camera is stuck on the old one. Canon Connect or the utility wont work. Cant clear camera setting because option is not there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Reset Network Option is on the cameras menu.  Put the camera in M mode to see all of the options.  There is a reset option on the Wi-Fi Menu.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Reset Network Option is on the cameras menu.  Put the camera in M mode to see all of the options.  There is a reset option on the Wi-Fi Menu.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

THANK YOU!!!!!! Fixed me right up! I did not now about putting in the M mode. I guess I'll read the manual again. LOL

Commands that require the Manual mode (Actually, PAS or M) have a star next to them.

@redbaron27 wrote:
THANK YOU!!!!!! Fixed me right up! I did not now about putting in the M mode. I guess I'll read the manual again. LOL

Glad it helped.

I re-read sections of my manual all the time.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

You might try doing a full reset of the camera to return it to its "as new" condition. Of course it will also erase any Custom Setting you may have made. The user manual should walk you through the process.

Could you possibly reinstall your old router temporarily? Maybe this would allow you to access the camera's WiFi settings and then erase them.

Announcements