cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With soeedlflash ON (90EX or 320EX) the LCD doesn’t work

Moonman
Apprentice
I have a 5D4, and strangely I’ve noticed that LCD is not working (neither I can access the Menu on LCD) when EX speedline is TURNED ON (I tried with both 90EX and 320EX).
The only mode I can turn the LCD on is in “automatic” mode, any other mode (AV, P, B, TV, M, C) are not responding and if I try to switch from “automatic” with LCD on to another mode the flash is immediately flashing and then camera turns the LCD off.
I tried: resetting the camera, reset all the setting, update the firmware (now 1.1.2). None of these helped.
I tried using the speedlite on another camera (D100) and I can see the menu in LCD or shooting in live view in any modalities not only automatic.
It’s really strange.
Any help?
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello Moonman,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

This is definitely an unusual situation. The Speedlite 90EX and Speedlite 320EX can definitely be used on the EOS 5D Mark IV without this kind of behavior occurring. When testing this equipment in-house they worked as expected. One thing I recommend trying is to use a clean, dry, soft cloth to wipe out the hotshoe of the camera and the contacts on the feet of the flashes.

If you are still unable to bring up the 5D4 menu on the LCD with either of those flashes attached to the hotshoe, and powered on, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello Moonman,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

This is definitely an unusual situation. The Speedlite 90EX and Speedlite 320EX can definitely be used on the EOS 5D Mark IV without this kind of behavior occurring. When testing this equipment in-house they worked as expected. One thing I recommend trying is to use a clean, dry, soft cloth to wipe out the hotshoe of the camera and the contacts on the feet of the flashes.

If you are still unable to bring up the 5D4 menu on the LCD with either of those flashes attached to the hotshoe, and powered on, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements