cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 doesn't recognise EOS 1100d

traceymilson
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 1100D which isn't connecting to my home computer which has recently been installed with windows 8. On the laptop it works (which also has windows 8). I have downloaded the updated driver but when you turn the camera on it the computer just doesn't recognise it. If I go into 'control panel' then 'devices' it shows the canon icon there as a device but with an explanation mark beside it. When I right click it says it doesnt have an updated driver.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Doesn't the 1100D come with the EOS Utility? It should recognize your camera even if the OS doesn't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Yes it does come with EOS utility but it doesn't recognize it either.

cale_kat
Mentor

It sounds like a usb problem. Try a different jack or reinstall Windows.

Thanks for thr ideas but I've tried changing usb ports. At the same port though if you put a usb storage stick in it does recognize it.. the computer makes a noise like it knows something is connected but camera turns off after not long and you cant access the photos. It works on laptop which I find strange

Look, the thread title is misleading because you've said yourself that your Windows 8 equipped laptop connects just fine. Maybe you're like me and you build your own computers in which case you're on your own...  Haha

Im just assuming its windows 8's fault as it worked perfectly fine before we got it. Will keep trying. Hehe
Announcements