Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Wifi vs Bluetooth

Hey all, just got a 90d, and wondering the advantages of using bluetooth vs Wifi to connect my phone to the camera.

Normally I would use the NFC in the 80d and connect via Wifi.  Just wondering what is the better choice here as far as speeds go.

Much thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wifi vs Bluetooth

In general, wireless offers greater range and faster speeds over bluetooth.  Speeds may vary however depending on the type and age of the device you are connecting with.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
VIP

Re: Wifi vs Bluetooth

@zrk808 wrote:

Hey all, just got a 90d, and wondering the advantages of using bluetooth vs Wifi to connect my phone to the camera.

Normally I would use the NFC in the 80d and connect via Wifi.  Just wondering what is the better choice here as far as speeds go.

Much thanks.

Canon's newest camera bodies with built-in Wi-Fi use Bluetooth to simplify setting up the Wi-Fi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."