cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my EOS 60D 1080 30 fps video freeze and stall when edited on Final Cut Po?

santeevideo
Contributor

When editing my EOS 60D 1080 30 fps video on Final Cur Pro 7.3 an unwanted freeze frame appears at the end of each clip. The video is also difficult to play, often stalling after each edit. In general the video is really fighting the program, even effecting the scrubbing. I have tried different Final Cut Codex's and reprocessed the video in Elgato Turbo but the problem remains. Obviously there is some sort of sync problem, but I cannot find it or understand why it is there.

Thanks

Clark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60d#DriversAndSoftware

Go to Driver & Software, choose your MAC OS version, go to Software, download : EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro 1.4

It has the manual inside I think. But you can install it, restart your final cut pro and edit your movie. See if it solves your problem. Let us know.

PS: here is the Quick Start Guide from Canon Asia: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300004927/03/finalcutpro-plugin-e1-14-e-en.pdf

Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

hsbn
Whiz
When you play the video on any video player do you experience the problem? Is your card fast enough when recording the movie? With slower card, you'll run into frame-dropping problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My QuickTime export of the edit retains the jumps when playing on my Mac. I have not tried it as a DVD on a TV but will do so. The edit has video from other sources that edits and plays fine. Only the EOS 60D video is cranky. My Mac is maxed out on memory. I have no problems with massive HD files.

Clark

What is the SDHC card you use to record your movie in the 60D? What is its speed?

DDHC card speed is a ScanDisc 64 Extreme speed 10

Hi,

Assuming your clip is played back perfectly in your camera without any frozen last frame -check it in slow-motion mode- (so there is no bad card, no other types of issues), I'd suggest trying another editor, or trying to edit in another computer to compare results.

There are some software trials you may download to see the results. If you choose to download one (or more), I suggest Premiere CS6 (with the further update to 6.0.1)

Hope this helps!

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

Using Toast I converted the EOS 60D video (Codecs:  H.264, Liner PCM) to four other 1080 Codecs:  Apple ProRes, Apple Intermediate, DVC PRO, and DV. All new versions cooperated with Final Cut Pro and made solid edits. However, they greatly  increased or decreased the size of the file and arrived on my Final Cut timeline un-rendered. I suppose this is a solution, but it is hard to believe Canon makes a camera that produces video requiring conversion in order for it to be edited on a program as standard as Final Cut. It is discouraging to not only have to convert such footage, but then to also have to render it. Any Further thoughts?

Canon did release a codec plug in to use with with FInal Cut Pro, are you using it?

I am not aware of this plug. When can I find it and download it? Once downloaded where in my applications do I  place it for it to affect the situation.

Thanks... perhap this is the soulution.

Clark

Here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60d#DriversAndSoftware

Go to Driver & Software, choose your MAC OS version, go to Software, download : EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro 1.4

It has the manual inside I think. But you can install it, restart your final cut pro and edit your movie. See if it solves your problem. Let us know.

PS: here is the Quick Start Guide from Canon Asia: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300004927/03/finalcutpro-plugin-e1-14-e-en.pdf

Good luck.

Announcements