cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't videos transfer from my eos 70D to my iPhone?

ManleyRunner
Apprentice

When transferring photos to my iPhone, I select a video to transfer but it says that it cannot transfer that file type. Is there a way to transfer videos to your smart phone or not? 

17 REPLIES 17

Well, most of Canon EOS DSLR Cameras record video in MOV H.264 and it is a supported video format by iPad or iPhone.

Of course, there are other Canon series, like EOS M Series Digital Cameras, PowerShot Digital Cameras, Cinema EOS Cameras, High Definition PTZ Cameras, etc which may record videos in iPad or iPhone supported video formats or may not. So if your Canon camera recorded video format in AVCHD or in some other video formats other than iPad or iPhone supported H.264 or MPEG-4 in M4V, MP4 or MOV format or Motion JPEG in AVI format you will fail in transferring the Canon video to iPad or iPhone for playback.

I use Avdshare Video Converter  to Convert any Canon camera or camcorder recorded video format which is unsupported by iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPhone supported one.

Some Canon camcorders record video in AVCHD or MP4 H.264, such as XA15 model and some other Canon camcorders record video only in MP4 H.264, such as XF405 and XF400. And among the Canon recorded video formats, only MP4 H.264 is supported by iPad or iPhone.

I use Avdshare Video Converter  to Convert any Canon camera or camcorder recorded video format which is unsupported by iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPhone supported one.

Tim
Authority

Hello ManleyRunner,

The Camera Connect app is able to handle video transfer from compatible EOS DSLR cameras provided the movie was recorded in the MP4 recording format. If the movie is in the MOV recording format the application is unable to transfer it.

The EOS 70D records in the MOV recording format, which is the reason that message appears which says it can't transfer that file type. As another member of the forum has suggested, you may need a third party video converter to try and convert the file to the correct format.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

daveclark966
Contributor

Breakfastand
Apprentice
How do you use avdshare video converter is it ann app do you pay for it do you get it on a computer how do you do it 😶

Breakfastand
Apprentice
Is there any easier ways to do it on a phone

Breakfastand
Apprentice
Do you just send the video to a computer then convert and send it to a phone

klonikxdxd
Apprentice

My question, Why simple this app will transfer file even if it cannot be pleied? I have android and I can download any app I want and I can play this file with different app. Pleas improve this app because this is Extremely unprofessional  aproach. You are treated peopla as fools.

Announcements