cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't videos transfer from my eos 70D to my iPhone?

ManleyRunner
Apprentice

When transferring photos to my iPhone, I select a video to transfer but it says that it cannot transfer that file type. Is there a way to transfer videos to your smart phone or not? 

17 REPLIES 17

Tico
Apprentice
I have this same issue/question.

I think that ipads & iphone prefer videos in .mp4 format, check in your 70D manual to see if you have the option to record in .mp4 otherwise you will need a seperate video file converter to reformat the files to the correct type.

Some Canon camcorders record video in AVCHD or MP4 H.264, such as XA15 model and some other Canon camcorders record video only in MP4 H.264, such as XF405 and XF400. And among the Canon recorded video formats, only MP4 H.264 is supported by iPad or iPhone.

I use Avdshare Video Converter  to Convert any Canon camera or camcorder recorded video format which is unsupported by iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPhone supported one.

Well, most of Canon EOS DSLR Cameras record video in MOV H.264 and it is a supported video format by iPad or iPhone.

Of course, there are other Canon series, like EOS M Series Digital Cameras, PowerShot Digital Cameras, Cinema EOS Cameras, High Definition PTZ Cameras, etc which may record videos in iPad or iPhone supported video formats or may not. So if your Canon camera recorded video format in AVCHD or in some other video formats other than iPad or iPhone supported H.264 or MPEG-4 in M4V, MP4 or MOV format or Motion JPEG in AVI format you will fail in transferring the Canon video to iPad or iPhone for playback.

I use Avdshare Video Converter  to Convert any Canon camera or camcorder recorded video format which is unsupported by iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPhone supported one.

Re: Why can't videos transfer from my eos 4000d to my smart phone & why not include in box  usb cable,please  i will buy 4000d ,but i will try usb cable in dubai market not found ,plese explani how to transfer my videos

Hello, marimuthu06!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The EOS 4000D is not sold or supported here in the USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hello Tico, 

As I was explaining for another post, the Camera Connect app is able to handle video transfer from compatible EOS DSLR cameras provided the movie was recorded in the MP4 recording format.  As the EOS 70D records in the MOV recording format, that message appears which says it can't transfer that file type and will not work.

Another member of the forum suggested that you may have success in converting the file, via a third party video converter, to the MP4 format.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How would I change the movie encoding within my camera ? It records in whatever format it does and I don't have a setting option to change it. I am using latest firmware, EOS remote and android v7.

Some Canon camcorders record video in AVCHD or MP4 H.264, such as XA15 model and some other Canon camcorders record video only in MP4 H.264, such as XF405 and XF400. And among the Canon recorded video formats, only MP4 H.264 is supported by iPad or iPhone.

I use Avdshare Video Converter  to Convert any Canon camera or camcorder recorded video format which is unsupported by iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPhone supported one.

Announcements