Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Which combo would you get if on a budget?

Yes I was speaking about the 50mm lenses. For someone like me, will getting the f1.2 make a lot of difference? I also want to get the 24-70mm f2.8 in the near future. So I have to spend wisely...
Occasional Contributor

What kind of budget are you working with as well?

For what you are going to shoot, I would say a 5D2 would work well. Lens wise, get the 24-105, 50 1.4, 85 1.8.

If your budget is large, then you can get the 24-70 2.8 II and either the 85L II or 70-200 2.8 II. Or both if you can afford it.

You can get by doing landscapes at 24mm on a FF. But if you want wider, the 17-40 is great for landscapes.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!! I'm def leaning towards the 5D. 

Budget is tight after this purchase.. I def want to get a 50mm.. and will save up for a 24-70 f 2.8 to get in the future.  RIght now its too expensive!  

Occasional Contributor

After getting the 5d2, how much do you have left for lenses?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Canon f/1.2 glass is not for someone on a bu

dget…they cost a couple bucks…they are the Canon 50 f/1.2L and the Canon 85 f/1.2L. If you are not up to shooting very narrow depth of field…at relatively close distances…these are not for you… The Canon 50 f/1.2 is not the sharpest lens in Canons’ box…it has an image quality all its own when shot wide open…the Canon 85 f/1.2 is sharp wide open, but again, the selling points on the 1.2s is f/1.2…and build quality…but you have to know how to use these lenses to get them right…Whole ‘nother topic… A Canon 5Dc and a Canon 50 f/1.4 would be a good deal and give very good IQ ( the 5Dc has larger pixels than the others, something it shares with the 30D crop body and gives better IQ IMO). The 50 f/1.4 is sharper than the 1.2 ver. from f/2 on, and ¼ the price…build quality not that great but…the Canon 50 f/1.2 is built like a tank…probably the best low light lens of the group…has color and saturation over the 1.4…they can be close when shot right…

Jefferson

The Canon 85 f/1.8 is also a good choice...sharp wide open...fast focus...something the 85 f/1.2 doesent have...and has very good build and image qualty...