cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy Canon original accessories ??

ezpop
Rising Star

The original boxes with some accessories of my new purchase. 7D Mk2 and 24 70 F4IS were taken by somebody from my front porch. (My bad. I put the Canon boxes inside a snow thrower box. The big box was left outside the front porch pending sorting for disposal and it was gone in an hour)

Now, I just have the camera and lens plus chargers and caps. Everything else is gone.

I am looking to buy back whatever is missing. I have emailed Canon e-store but have not received reply from them. Any suggestions where to buy back the missing cable protector, USB cable, disc, lens hood, lens pouch and others.

Thanks for any experience shared.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Skirball
Authority

Ouch.  At least you got the camera and lens back.  First time I read it I thought those were stolen.

You can go straight to the Canon store and should be able to get most that stuff, but I wouldn't bother.

Go to Amazon and search for "EW-83L".  You can get an official lens hood direct from Canon for $50, or a generic for $15.  I know what I'd do, but I know plenty that would shell out the $50.

I definately wouldn't buy an offical Canon USB cable, not that one exists.  Go to Amazon and search for "mini USB ferrite".  USB cables are cheap, and mostly the same.  Just make sure it has the ferrite core (it's a filter for high frequency noise).  I have dozens of generic USB cables, any of them with ferrite core work fine.

THe lens pouch, if you want it, can be had on eBay for cheap I'm sure.  You mentioned snow, which means you live nowhere near me, otherwise I'd just give you one of mine.  Never saw much a use for them.

Don't worry about the disc, you can DL anything online:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d_mark_ii

No idea what the cable protector is, but probably not necessary either.

View solution in original post

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm trying to figure out what "everything else" is that's gone missing.

The lens would have included a storage bag, the lens hood, and a front & back cap.  It would have also included an instruction sheet (you can download that electronically) and the warranty card (but you can register that online and don't need the card.)

You can get a list of everything that would have been in the box here:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d_mark_ii#BoxContent

Basically it would have had

- camera body (which you have)

- body cap (not sure if you have that, but that's easily replaced)

- Canon wide strap for 7D II (and this would have had a small rubber eyepiece cover on the strap for taking long exposure shots.  But if you've attached that to the camera -- and most people do -- then I suspect you still have that.

- Battery charger LC-E6 (but I think you said you have that)

- Battery LP-E6N (but I suspect that was probably in your camera if you have the camera - so hopefully that's fine)

- USB interface cable (you probably lost that, but fortunately it's easily replaced and it's a standard cable you could pick up most anywhere.  Just make sure the USB cable has the USB "mini" connector on the camera side AND that (very important) the cable is not a "charging" cable.  These cables are often used for charging mobile phones and those cables typically don't wire the data pins... just the power pins.  The camera needs a cable with "data" pins.

- Digital Solutions Disk (downloadable at Canon website - no loss there.  In fact the download is probably more current than the disk.)

- Instruction manual (also downloadable)

- Warranty card (but you can register the camera online and do not need the physical warranty card.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Skirball wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Bad experience using 3rd party ebay cheap item. Some are poor quality and won't fit very well."

Certainly not worth the risk of failure when it counts most.

Yeah, I know a guy who had lens hood failure once.  Poor guy never made it out alive.  All because he didn't want to spend $59.95 on a piece of plastic.  Poor schmuck.

One compromise between getting your pocket picked and having a lens hood sever an artery is to order generic equipment from one of the big stores, like B&H. They may not be as cheap as E-Bay, but you can usually return anything you don't like.

Absolutely agree; can't remember last time I bought something off eBay.  Amazon, however, I use weekly.

I was meerly poking some fun, since Biggsy is so black and white on the generic issue.  I own and use plenty of generic equipment, and I'm 100% satisfied with it.  But I don't blindly buy it, and I don't assume all third party vendors are the same.  There are also things where I would only by big brand.  And, to be fair, there are times that the big brand fails too.  Nothing is perfect, and just because something costs more doesn't mean it's always better.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I'm trying to figure out what "everything else" is that's gone missing.

The lens would have included a storage bag, the lens hood, and a front & back cap.  It would have also included an instruction sheet (you can download that electronically) and the warranty card (but you can register that online and don't need the card.)

You can get a list of everything that would have been in the box here:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d_mark_ii#BoxContent

Basically it would have had

- camera body (which you have)

- body cap (not sure if you have that, but that's easily replaced)

- Canon wide strap for 7D II (and this would have had a small rubber eyepiece cover on the strap for taking long exposure shots.  But if you've attached that to the camera -- and most people do -- then I suspect you still have that.

- Battery charger LC-E6 (but I think you said you have that)

- Battery LP-E6N (but I suspect that was probably in your camera if you have the camera - so hopefully that's fine)

- USB interface cable (you probably lost that, but fortunately it's easily replaced and it's a standard cable you could pick up most anywhere.  Just make sure the USB cable has the USB "mini" connector on the camera side AND that (very important) the cable is not a "charging" cable.  These cables are often used for charging mobile phones and those cables typically don't wire the data pins... just the power pins.  The camera needs a cable with "data" pins.

- Digital Solutions Disk (downloadable at Canon website - no loss there.  In fact the download is probably more current than the disk.)

- Instruction manual (also downloadable)

- Warranty card (but you can register the camera online and do not need the physical warranty card.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

You guys have been very supportive. Thanks.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Sometimes people sell the box and contents minus the camera.  It actually happens quite often.  You may search eBay and keep and eye out if you really want that original Canon stuff.

I keep all my originals as packed by Canon stuff.  On occasion, (not very often) I sell some equipment and I put it back the same way as it was when I bought it.

That is why some foks sell their boxes.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1

wonderful idea. thanks.

ezpop
Rising Star

Just an update : received an email reply from Canon today

capture-20150115-185532.png

Announcements