cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the authentication code in the camera?

LizS57
Apprentice

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

More info would be helpful, such as what camera and what afre you trying to do?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Where is the authentication code on a Canon 70D?

The autthentication code is for your wifi router.

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/camera/EOS-70D-Connecting-Wireless-LAN-Manual.pdf

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

LizS57
Apprentice

EOS 70D 

Are you talking about the camera's serial number or the encryption key for the wi-fi? In either case, the user manual should tell you where to find it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

You still didn't explain what you are trying to do, but I am assuming it is to link WiFi..

See this: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_70d#Wireless_Help

Authentication code would be for your router; i.e. use your wifi password.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jourdain
Apprentice

Hello everyone,  I'm new to the community.  Just bought the Mark IV, an overwhelming device for someone who previously owned a Nikon D50 and shot on AF.  So baby steps to understand this new beast of a camera and hope to become competent if I can find someone to teach me.  My problem today:  I've downloaded the software for Canon Gateway and it is asking for an "authentication code" on the Gateway site.  I've read that the code should be on my camera, but am unable to understand where that code may be.  It's not the serial number.  Can anyone help me with this?  Many thanks.

I don't use Canon Gateway but I would imagine you have to register with the site and they will then email you an authentication code to gain access.

@jourdain wrote:

Hello everyone,  I'm new to the community.  Just bought the Mark IV, an overwhelming device for someone who previously owned a Nikon D50 and shot on AF.  So baby steps to understand this new beast of a camera and hope to become competent if I can find someone to teach me.  My problem today:  I've downloaded the software for Canon Gateway and it is asking for an "authentication code" on the Gateway site.  I've read that the code should be on my camera, but am unable to understand where that code may be.  It's not the serial number.  Can anyone help me with this?  Many thanks.

You can skip the Canon Gateway registration and signup, if you want to.  You would run the install again to sign up, but just do not re-install the software.  You get prompted to sign up for the Canon Gateway again.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements