cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find detailed instructions for adding updated firmware from my computer to my Canon 6D?

finalimage
Apprentice

I have downmloaded the latest firmware for my Canon 6D to my computer. I cannot find detailed instructions to add the firmware to my camera. Do I use the USB port and cable from the computer to the camera? It must be simple but I cannot seem to find instructions and I do not want to make a mistake.

thank you

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

From the download site:

Firmware changes:
Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which some images cannot be transferred to mobile devices running the EOS Remote app.
2. Corrects an error in the German language Feature Guide.
3. Corrects an error in the Korean language Feature Guide.

Firmware Version 1.1.4 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.3. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

Please note:
After the firmware update has been performed the following setting will be reset to default.
Menu > Custom Function> C.Fn II: Autofocus > AF Microadjustment> 1: All by same amount

When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.

Q&A:
Preparations for a firmware update:

Windows
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.

*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.

The extracted folder contains the firmware (File name: 6D000114.FIR, File size: 21,276,940 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).

Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements