cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What usb cable is needed? Please help!

Louiseann
Contributor
I am trying to set up my eos m200 as a webcam but my computer will not recognize my camera. I am just getting the black splash screen in zoom but no feed from camera. I am thinking that maybe I'm using the wrong type of usb cable. I would appreciate if others could share what they are using for cable. Sadly my camera did not come with one.
2 REPLIES 2

@Louiseann wrote:
I am trying to set up my eos m200 as a webcam but my computer will not recognize my camera. I am just getting the black splash screen in zoom but no feed from camera. I am thinking that maybe I'm using the wrong type of usb cable. I would appreciate if others could share what they are using for cable. Sadly my camera did not come with one.

Some cheap USB cables are intended only for charging cell phones and lack the strands used for data transmission. Choose a reputable dealer (B&H, Adorama, ...) and order a cable designed for data transmission.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Tim
Authority

Louiseann, 

The cable listed for the EOS M200 is the Interface Cable IFC-600PCU.  

If you require further assistance ordering one, please call our Canon Sales Department at (800) OK-CANON (652-2666) between 9:00 am and 9:00 pm EST, Mon- Sat.

Sales agents can assist you with product information and dealer locations. For further information, please visit the Canon website at:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements