cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if the scene exceeds the ability of your DSLR?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have tried to get a photo of a scene that was either washed out or black in certain spots.  We all have.  What to do?

In the darkroom we burnt and dodged but now there is solfware. I prefer Lightroom. 

_DS38494.jpg

I can see the outside but I can't tell where I am at.  In a barn? Maybe.

_DS38496.jpg

Now I can see the "barn" where I am standing but I can't see what is outside.

_DS38494_5_6HDR.jpg

Now that is better.  Smiley Very Happy  The magic of a DSLR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
5 REPLIES 5

Frankly, Ernie, that's the best HDR picture you've posted yet. It lacks the oversaturated look of some of your previous offerings. Nice job, I'd say.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

It was Great that they decided to add HDR to Lightroom. .
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"It was Great that they decided to add HDR to Lightroom.'

Yes sir it is.  I still think Photomatrix Pro is better but you take what they give you.

EB

Bob from Boston it depends on the "look" you are after.  In LR6 you have several settings for HDR.  Plus afterwards you have all the adjustments just like any other photo.

You can make it look the way you want.  This time I wanted 'normal'.  But the options are virtually limitless.

I could have made the Red Barn look mor enormal too.  That was not the look I was after.  I have sold several prints.

EB

The settings are limitless with HDR.  It totally depends on what you are after.  Some can look perfectly natural or they can look like it was shot on a different planet.  In fact with Photomatrix Pro, there is a "Natural" preset.  With Lightroom 6 there are only three choices for the HDR merge but you still have all the adjustments availible to any LR photo.

_DS38491_2_3HDR.jpg

Surreal.

_DS38491_2_3HDR-2.jpg

Soft.

_DS38491_2_3HDR-3.jpg

B&W.

_DS38494_5_6HDR.jpg

Natural.

Remember this image is not possibile without post editing.  It is beyond the ability of the camera to capture,  Will HDR get better, you bet.  

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements