cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new features would you like to see in an updated version of an EOS camera?

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast

Give me the capability to program a series of photographs, each with a unique shutter speed, aperture, white balance, exposure compensation, and ISO setting — selecting precise values of times between photos with a sequence start time — so that I can do a rapid series of photos such as a lunar or solar eclipse, sunrise or sunset, or various types of time-exposures, up to 100 photos.

I'd love to see a new EOS 6D Mk III and EOS 7D Mk III with this programming capability.

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority
Raw histogram.

...Raw Histogram

Yes!

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

A single button push to shift between two sets of exposure parameters.  Often when shooting sports I would like to capture some images (i.e. group expression after a play) at a much slower shutter speed and a slightly closed aperture for greater depth of field.  I keep these set up as C1/C2  from the mode switch in my 1DX and 1DX 2 bodies but it isn't nearly as convenient as a single button push to instantly shift to the alternate shooting setup.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

A single button push to shift between two sets of exposure parameters.  Often when shooting sports I would like to capture some images (i.e. group expression after a play) at a much slower shutter speed and a slightly closed aperture for greater depth of field.  I keep these set up as C1/C2  from the mode switch in my 1DX and 1DX 2 bodies but it isn't nearly as convenient as a single button push to instantly shift to the alternate shooting setup.

Rodger

This is something they could program the lens control ring in an "R" for...

Announcements