Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: What camera body should I upgrade to (from SL1)?

@Tronhard wrote:

I tend to agree with Rick (Shadowsports) on this one... we have no idea of the OP's budget and that is a critical piece of information.

That said, from what I have viewed in this thread a Canon SL2 (offering considerable performance upgrades over the SL1), combined with a 70-200 F4 lens would give a much better reach for the images of individuals on the field.  The other lenses would work as they do with the SL1.  Based on the images the OP has posted those seem to be working out well for her.

Budget?  The OP mentioned considering the 6D in the original post.  I understood the question to be, SL2 or 6D.  With a EF 40mm STM and a EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, there is not much to hold you back from going full frame.

As for the 70-200mm f/4L, I have never used it, so I can offer no opinion.  I went for the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM right from the start.  I had already learned my lesson about buying the “next best” lens, instead of the one I really wanted.  I am sure the 70-200 f/4L is a quality lens, and can do pretty decent job shooting Friday Night Lights with a 6D.  

While the posted SL1 images look pretty good, its’ AF sensor may not realize the full potential of a fast lens.  The SL bodies are also pretty small, so I would suggest using a monopod with a 70-200mm, or larger, lens.  Moving up to a 6D and a 70-200, from a SL1 and 85mm, is going to feel like a cinder block.  Again, I would suggest a monopod for when your arms get tired, which they will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: What camera body should I upgrade to (from SL1)?

It is Really an important question to be noted. Because many people who use a camera don't which camera body is good to use. Even I don't know which body to use in the starting. 

After some research, I used to find all the details of the camera body and found some interesting things which I later on implemented in choosing the best camera body. 

Even I have taken some awesome photographic for my project run 3 unblocked games and that project photos are the best. So choose the camera body in the best way. 

Start Playing Run 3 Unblocked at School.