cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Weird vertical lines

ashleynicole16
Apprentice

I'm hoping someone can help me! I just received my 6d mark ii for Christmas in 2019. I went out for a shoot last week and noticed these dark black vertical lines in all my images. I changed memory cards thinking it was a bad card, but it kept happening! I turned the camera off and on, took out the battery, everything! Finally I changed it to video then back to camera and the lines were gone. Until I went to use it again a few days ago and the lines are on all my images again. HELP! I've attached a close up of one of the images where you can see all the linesIMG_1269.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

not cropped uploaded directly from the card

@xlnyc wrote:

not cropped uploaded directly from the card

I asked because the image has Full HD resolution.  

79AB2A6F-5340-4D22-B67B-FED54DC3E201.jpeg

Do you normally take photos in Full HD resolution?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Must've been after a "factory reset" where I hadn't had a chance to meddle with the settings, but yeah it was full resolution. I don't think the 2000d has RAW (If it does, I haven't found it).

An update for me
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dt2SfcJzK_4_ujynh2vrzJtWTtgLMrTi/view?usp=sharing
I sent the camera in for factory service. They received it on Jan 5th. It was found "that the image sensor and main circuit board did not operate properly causing noise to occur."
Both were replaced setting me back just short of $200. I just got the camera back today and all is well. I'm satisfied for the most part.

@xlnyc wrote:

Must've been after a "factory reset" where I hadn't had a chance to meddle with the settings, but yeah it was full resolution. I don't think the 2000d has RAW (If it does, I haven't found it).

Screenshot 2021-01-13 153219.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks, I'm a newbie here

That's why we try and help. We all were at some point.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"We all were at some point."

Amen to that!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Vernoman
Apprentice

I have the EXACT same issue, but Canon told me my camera is no longer serviceable because it is outdated and there are no longer parts for Canon to service it. What a shame.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ashleynicole16, Is this what the image looks like when viewed on the camera? If not, what are you viewing the image in where you see these lines? Does it happen with multiple lenses? Is there a filter on the lens, try taking that off. If all else still fails, I do like what ebiggs1 said, to reset the camera to default settings at that point. In one of the Creative modes,(P,Tv,Av,or M) go to the Menu, Wrench tab #5 and select Clear all camera settings. You may contact our phone support team for assistance with troubleshooting this further if you would like. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday-Friday between 9:00 am to  9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm ET.

Announcements