Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Weird vertical lines

I'm hoping someone can help me! I just received my 6d mark ii for Christmas in 2019. I went out for a shoot last week and noticed these dark black vertical lines in all my images. I changed memory cards thinking it was a bad card, but it kept happening! I turned the camera off and on, took out the battery, everything! Finally I changed it to video then back to camera and the lines were gone. Until I went to use it again a few days ago and the lines are on all my images again. HELP! I've attached a close up of one of the images where you can see all the linesIMG_1269.jpg

Highlighted
Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: Weird vertical lines

ashleynicole16, 

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the EOS 6D Mark II.  We recommend setting up a service ticket for this item at your earliest convenience at www.usa.canon.com/repair.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If you are still within your return window, exchange it with the merchant.

If not, Canon will fix it for you free as long as it hasn't been abused, dropped, etc.

Don't be discouraged.  I love mine.  One or the other will make it right and you'l be good to go. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
VIP

@ashleynicole16

Do contact Canon support, but be prepared to answer several questions.  Which Canon lens are you using?  Have you tried resetting your camera back to factory defaults?  Are you shooting RAW, JPG, or both?  Are you viewing these lines in the camera, on your computer, or both?

You may also wish to become more familiar with the menu settings that enhance the image quality.  If you are shooting JPG, it would be best to disable all of the image correction and enhancement settings.  Canon may be able to walk you through the steps on the phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
VIP

Reset to factory before you do anything else. Unexplained actions can be easily corrected that way.  Menu, tools, clear all settings and all custom settings.  When you call Canon they will make you do it anyway.   1 (800) 652-2666

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, does this show up in JPEGs? Is the above from DPP?

I seem to recall that some raw processors had problems with the dual pixels and showed them in images.

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

"Weird stripes on 5D mark II raw" is what you should search for. Send it to Canon after that.
DCS 3c, DCS 520, D30, D60, 1Ds, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, 7D, 6D, 6D, M5
15-45/3.5-6.3 IS, 16-35/4 IS, 22/2, 24/1.4 II, 24-105/4 IS, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS II, 300/2.8 IS